Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Addition

Got in the lake last night.  We only went about 1/2 the distance we did on Monday.  I was out with my husband and my friend, April (who is a total rock star triathlete).  They are so good to stay with me.  Not only am I a slower swimmer, but I'm a terrified one which makes me tired and MUCH slower.
I went in without the wetsuit b/c it was so hot!  Good news was that the water was a little cool, hopefully just cool enough to make it wetsuit legal next week (keep prayin'!) I found this swim considerably harder due to the fact that I didn't have the floatation and I was fighting the water instead of working with it.  I need to get in a few more times before the race (on the 14th), but I am truly hoping that day-of I can get it and just go with it; ride the adrenaline.
Well we went out with the intention of swimming, biking, and running short distances (1/2mile, 7 mile bike, 2 mile run), but as we were out on the bikes we noticed the ominous hovering black cloud of doom and descided that it was smarter to turn back.  Mike is the fastest, so he went back for the car and not a moment too soon!  As soon as he pulled up the sky dumped out.  So much for the run, my Garmin showed we went almost 6 miles on the bikes, good news was that most of the hills are in the first 1/2 of the ride, so we worked. 
I'll try and get a run in today since it's been since Sunday that I've run!  But truthfully, my run is not as in need as my bike and swim, so my focuses are good I think. 
Here is a peak of my newest tri-gear addition!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment