Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's a miracle!

Monday I felt terrible in the morning.  I felt so badly that I didn't even have the energy to do laundry! I was sure that I could not do the bike and run out at the tri course we had planned, but lo and behold I had a protein shake with caffeine about 4pm and it was apparently laced with miracle b/c I felt almost 100% better!  I was able to do a slow, but full 12 mile bike ride (only 9 were shown on the Garmin) and a 2.3 mile jog!  I didn't push b/c the race is Saturday and I did feel the lag from being down earlier.  I did the 9 miles around the bike course very slowly, but still in 35 min.  Then did the 2.3 mile run in a VERY disgraceful 21 minutes!!!  The run was done on the old 5K course which has so many hills you can't catch a break.  You're either going uphills so steep that the pace can't stay with you, or you're going down such a steep hill that you don't want to blow a knee, either way, it's a pitiful run.  I am so happy that the race committee changed the course.  It changes the location for T2, but the run is now almost flat! It's spectacular!  I'm getting excited, but I'm by no means one of the competitive players, so it's a little bittersweet. Hopefully next season I might reach my goal of placing in my age group. We'll see :)

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you feel better and you are a step up in the race against alot of the other competitors by previewing the course, that is a HUGE advantage that WILL pay dividends on race day, no surprises for you.

    As for you other post, you can wear your wetsuit in the pool, yes, people will stare at you, but you are an athelte training for an event, which is more then the people are staring are probably doing, I suggest this ONLY if you cant to the lake for an OWS. MAKE SURE if you go in the pool, to rinse your suit out in the shower at the gym or at home right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! I'm depending on it these days :)! I actually don't plan to wear the suit in the pool if I have any hope to get in the lake.

    I am very lucky, this particular race is right next to my house and it's the course my husband and I train on regularly! I'm so glad b/c it's rated difficult through setupevents.com and I'm finding it easier and easier...thank goodness! It's by no means "easy" but at least I'm not as scared. I'm more scared of the gosh darn deer everywhere!!!! It's crazy! The place is gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete