Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of the rest of our lives

Oh, boo.  Today was the first day of Kindergarten.  There wasn't any crying, but I didn't eat much all day and my workout was pitiful.  Apparently Sam didn't eat much either because she almost ate me out of the house when she got home! Here's the deal, I have been staying at home since she was born, aside from almost 2 years working PRN as a labor and delivery nurse.  But when we moved to West Virginia we decided that both financially and logistically me staying at home made the most sense....our closest family is 600 miles away!  So it's a bit hard to part with her for the biggest part of the day; to not know if she is eating all her lunch, playing well with others, or even keeping her nose clean.  I have done everything and now in one day I've given it over to another person.  It's extremely hard.  I know I shouldn't worry, but she's the only child we're having and all of the sudden she's starting, what feels like, the first part of the rest of her life! 

Okay, wiping tears and sniffles, I did actually make it solemnly to the gym.  I was going to do spin, but all the bikes were full, so I got on the treadmill and pushed out 2.5 miles. The first 1/2 mile was a warm up and then I did .5 race pace, then .25 sprint, .5 race pace, .25 sprint, then the rest race pace.  This worked me, but I had to beg myself to finish!  I then followed up with a VERY pitiful upper body strength training workout.  Geez, I need a trainer!

I didn't workout any yesterday b/c I was running around like a crazy person between getting Samantha to orientation and then running out to school supplies, yada yada yada.  

No comments:

Post a Comment