Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Die tri-ing

Took two days off only to realize that I'm still sluggish.  I just did NOT have it in me on Tuesday and Wednesday, instead I sat in the theater on Wednesday and watched "Cat's and Dog's" with Sam and ate the candy corn she didn't eat, YUMMY (see I'm not totally unreasonable.  She gets candy sometimes)!   But sugar does nothing for me and my training so I put the bag down :( . 

Today I set out for a 5 mile run...set OUT for a 5 miler...it was doomed from the start.  My lousy new-ish socks kept creeping down my shoe, so at mile 1 I ran back to the house and changed them (threw out the others).  Set out again and I should have had another drink of water before leaving because I KNEW I hadn't had enough to drink...yup, mile 3.2 I had a cramp!  A CRAMP! What an annoying reason to lose speed.  So I slowed down to stretch it out and my already pitiful pace got even slower. I got to 3.75 miles and said, "forget it, 4 miles is enough", I stopped at 4 miles and it took me 39 darn minutes!  It was one of the slower workouts I've had in awhile. 

I came home and didn't even make it to my kitchen, I grabbed 2 waterbottles out of my Xterra and sounded like my lab when I was drinking them down!  I felt like a failure so I went in to be abused by Tony Horton and his evil Ab Ripper X.  I need to tone up some more, I let that go WAY slack getting ready for the last tri.  Beginnertriathlete.com had some info about training programs, any info I can get on whether those are worth the money would be wonderful! 

Epilogue:
April (my training buddy) and I were at the movies with the kids together yesterday, and during the latest preview for Nanny McPhee returns we started talking all crazy about training for an Olympic Distance tri for next season.....Oh Mercy!   I might die, but I'd die tri-ing, LOL!

2 comments:

  1. P90X and tris dont mix, I do the weights in the season, but I dont have the energy or time for the cardio part with out sacraficing the other 3 sports. I also have Insanity waiting for me in the offseason, my goodness, if you think kenpo is tough, try insanity, more then once I been layed sprawled out on the floor wishing i was dead.

    What distance are you looking at next to train for? and when?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking an Olympic in a year. I don't think I'll be ready before then. The run is fine but the swim and bike need tons-o-work!

    Yeah, P90x is INSANE, I only do the abs now, LOL, I MIGHT look at Insanity, I already feel dead after my normal workout. Grrrr....I need to get stronger.

    ReplyDelete