Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hydrate and rest

Okay, uncle!  A few days ago I started feeling poopy.  I was having nasty headaches and feeling exhausted.  Yesterday and today the headaches have been subsiding but I'm becoming exhausted and unmotivated AND losing my appetite.  I was getting scared that this was the beginning of another burnout, but I've been really on point with resting more (which is increasing my performance too), so I am thinking that I've got a little bug.  I would normally have run yesterday and taken today off, but yesterday I felt so cruddy that I said I'd wait and run today, but once again I'm so tired I'm feeling like it's going to take all my energy just to vacuum.  So I ask myself, "what would I tell a friend in my postion"?  The answer, "rest and hydrate".  If I do have a bug, that extra 4 mile run probably isn't going to do as much good as it will damage, so I'll wait.   I've got a ride and run brick tomorrow, so I'll sit and wait it out until then. 

The race is now 6 days away!!!!!  Pray for good weather and a healthy body!

2 comments:

  1. 6 days away from a race, you should be in taper mode, quick, small workouts, resting your body for the race, according to experts, you will not gain any noticeable fitness in one week, so just enjoy the taper, get better and enjoy the race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note! I am really clueless on race week. I fight the urge to "cram" for the race. I'm feeling like I'm ready, though.

    ReplyDelete