Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

An undeserved win

Yesterday I did an indoor triathlon.  I have to start by saying that I won overall female...this is important b/c I beat out April, the girl I look up to and train with and who always keeps me movin'.  I am not sure the results entirely as I haven't seen times, but we were within seconds of each other!  She's a phenomenal athlete...placed third overall for the women at the Charlie Williamson Memorial Triathlon here in WV.  We're both out of race shape, but love to compete with each other.

I said the first part b/c I'm wildly disappointed in myself. I was so lackadaisical about this race, I wasn't feeling well the night before and didn't even think I'd go.  I had no butterflies, no excitement, and I was really under the weather.  Yet I won.  I feel the win is undeserved per my attitude.  There were several first time racers there and I felt like their attitude deserved them more of  a win than I ever did! 

On the other hand...I did have fun :)  Maybe I'll do the next one, maybe not, but whatever I do I better carry a better attitude to go with it.  I may never win another race, so I wish this came with more intensity.
I'm hoping to post some pics eventually, we'll see! 

2 comments:

  1. If it stops being funn stop doing it or change it up so it is fun.

    Kevin
    http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kevin. Yeah, this was a toughy. I just am not into the indoor tri's anymore I think. I really like to be outside, imagine that!

    ReplyDelete