Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Back to the Run

Well I've been running again for about a week.  It is AMAZING how quickly one loses the ability to run.  I have been struggling with leg strength and speed this whole week.  I did a mile, then 3 miles, then 2 miles, then another 3 miles last week. I did this along with my spin classes. I didn't swim..whoops.  Today I did around 4ish miles.  I'd know for sure, but my Garmin is still lying dormant, ugh, I've GOT to remember to recharge it! 

Another thing I've been struggling with is candy!  The Halloween stash around my house has been killing me!  I'm not into junk food, but that doesn't mean I'm not human and don't crave it!  I think I'll have to chunk it.  I hate being wasteful, but really, what good does candy do for your body?  I've been thinking about cutting out sweets cold turkey just to get the craving to subside.  Boy, this is day one and it is HARD!  I've been eating relatively clean, but I miss my fruits and in season veggies!  Fall/Winter is rough on my snacking habits.  And although I picked about 10 gallons of blueberries this summer I have gone through that so quickly! I'm almost out :(. 


Gonna run more tomorrow and maybe Wednesday, but Thursday I'm getting in the pool and Friday I'm heading to Ohio to hang with my some friends so that might include more running, we'll see. I'm not interested in over-stressing my body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment