Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's my party and I'll tri if I want to

Today is my 33rd birthday.  I feared and fought my 30's to the skin of my teeth, I went into them balling my eyes out and lying in bed all day, even the diamond earrings from my sweet husband couldn't mend the heartache I felt for the loss of my 20's.  Well let me tell you what....I'm waaaay more awesome now, LOL!  I'm a tried and true triathlete.  I'm also the wife of a very competitive triathlete.  My daughter wants to be a triathlete!  I've come so far from the days of thinking that a workout was 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer at level 4.  I actually feel like a different person.  AND I'm 10 pounds lighter!  I'm thinking the 30's ain't so bad.  

So, Some people think having a birthday is an excellent excuse to go nuts and eat cake and do whatever they want...well I'm one of those people.  Only I didn't want a cake on my birthday.  But what I did want was much more decadent and much more taboo.....The all mighty Chick Fil A  Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake (insert angelic singing here).

However, the calories on one of the small little treasures is over 600 !!! What???? Yup, 660 to be somewhat exact.  So my friend Andrea and I decided we'd "earn" one. We woke up this morning and got to the gym and ran 3 miles on the treadmill.  Then we were going to take a spin class to do the biking and that was a good thing b/c I ended up needing to teach the spin class, I'm a pretty brutal teacher.  After the hour long torture I put us through in there (about 16-20 miles and countless hills) we got in the pool and did 500meters (don't laugh we were TIRED).  I now know why we swim first in triathlons....sheesh! 

We then felt as though we earned that delicious, creamy, sugary, fatty, yumminess.  I ate the entire thing!!!!  Okay, it was a small, but whatever!  It was awesome!  Who needs cake? Seriously?

I think I need to put this birthday as a gold standard birthday.  I should always do a triathlon on my birthday, what a great way to make sure I'm still alive!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    I ordered you a midget to jump out of a cupcake, I hope you like it. (you better, it was freaking expensive)

    When I turned 30, I literrally picked up and moved, I left Arizona on my 30th bday and headed east to Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Why? Ohio??!!!! C'mon, Colorado is closer and waaaaay awesomer! I know, I lived there for a long time, miss it so much. No, Ohio has stuff! LOL!

    I sent the midget away....scared me :)

    ReplyDelete