Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Thankful

I'm so incredibly thankful for my family.  I needed to say that on Thanksgiving.  I'm blessed and know it.  I know that I'm also only given what God intends me to have and I thank him everyday that he intended these wonderful people for me.

  I am currently in Smith Mountain Lake, VA for Thanksgiving and LOVE it here.  There is a great sprint tri here in May and an international distance in September, btw.  This year all I made were the pies, so I am happy to just sit, relax, and listen to my husband, daughter, and mother in law playing Toy Story 3 Yahtzee. 
I've been struggling with my attitude and the kick back from my win at Saturdays indoor Sprint Tri.  I'm resolved that I'll never truly find peace with it, but I will one day look back and realize how strong I am.  I will be sitting in my nursing home one day reminiscing the glory days and speaking fondly of my "win".  So I will (today) be thankful for my strength. 

Mike and I went for a little 3 mile run this morning to get ready for turkey, stuffing, APPLE PIE, sweet potatoes, the works.  It was in the 40's and I had some asthma issues, but my knee felt good.  I have to say, the best part of the run is getting to do it with my best friend.  He's so awesome and our little running "dates" remind me.  I'm thankful for a very happy marriage. 

I'm thankful for so much, but these things are what I was sitting there smiling about today. Just needed to share.

1 comment: