Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

HIIT Me Baby

I went to Ohio this weekend.  Ohio actually HAS stuff there!  Like malls, RUNNING STORES, restaurants, awesome gyms, etc!  I went to Clevend and went with our friends to their gym (can't remember the name) and did a class called HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).  I don't know how to explain this, but I guess it's like crossfit or P90X or insanity, but it's in an gymnasium with other people which makes you work harder.
I have had sore legs today and yesterday (did the class Satureday), but during the class I didn't exactly feel like I was overwhelmed.  We did a lot with the Bosu ball and I had the up the intensity on some of the stuff b/c I knew we were only doing that 45 minute class and I'm use to going for a lot longer and don't like to "waste" workouts.  Do I sound like a snob?  Not trying to, I'm actually just really in to challenging myself.  I am working against NOT being an athlete for 29 years and then being one for only the past 2 or 3.  I love  my workouts, I covet them.  I'm a little stingy with the time I have to do them.

So Friday I ran about 3 miles, little soreness in my knee, but I'm feeling a lot better! The HIIT was a little stressful on my inner thighs, but I wasn't put out of the game for it.  Today was PITIFUL! Waste of time!  20 minutes on the elliptical trainer and some arms and abs and back, but seriously poor weight training. But got the grocery shopping done!

So, what are we eating the week before binge-fest 2010 Thanksgiving?
Well I'm eating some of that rockin' Kashi Go-Lean with Protein cereal for breakfast!  It's great with about 1/2 cup of blueberries on it!  Eating open faced tuna sandwiches too.  Dinners are fish or chicken mainly, but I throw in a variety of sides and try to cook stuff up differently.

Here is a little bit more labor intensive breakfast, but wow!
Pumpkin Spice French Toast

1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
VERY SMALL sprinkle of nutmeg
2 eggs
3 egg whites
6-8 slices of whole wheat bread

In a bowl mix all the ingredients except for the bread.  I find the a stick blender or regular blender is very helpful to make this smooth! Pour into a pie plate.  Set aside
Heat nonstick skillet with cooking spray or butter on medium.
Dredge a slice of bread through the pumpkin mixture and then transfer to the skillet immediately.  Repeat with the next slices and fit what you can into your skillet.  Cook them thoroughly on each side.

I like to put a small pat of butter on them and then just about 1 Tablespoon of agave nectar.  You could get crazy and sprinkle pecans (or another nut) and crasins on them! 

I'm kinda digging through recipes and trying to really get some good Clean ones out, so hopefully I'll keep up with the recipes, but please keep in mind that these are not loaded down with sugar, salt, and fat, so some of the flavors will not be a favorite, but I feel like if you eat this way long enough you will change WHAT you like and your body will thank you!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I am glad you liked the visit to my state. LOL!! We "actually have stuff" HAHAHAHA!!! That is your words.

    Where is Clevend? I even googled it and nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I fat finger when I type....especially at night....it's Cleveland! Actually, that was more than fat fingers, that was straight up lost the spelling bee! And yes, come to West Virginia, we have NOTHING!!!!!! All the shopping I do is done through the mail, I bought 5 pairs of running shoes to find one pair! It's irritating, we have nothing here! But it's pretty!

    ReplyDelete