Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A beating and a recipe

Failing miserably at my attempt to reduce my sugar intake.  I walked in the door after a 3.75 mile run, and 3 trips to the store and let my hunger consume me...I went for the sugar cookies (only 2, but still)!  Ugh! Then my husband brought me a mini blizzard after his trip to Lowes, and while I only ate half it felt terrible.  You see, I'm a very healthy person (or attempt to be) but sugar is my weakness! If I can past the initial "detox" of it I'm usually good, but this time of year with all the candy and available "treats" and the fact that I loooove to bake, well, you see the trouble.  My abs are history right now.  I'm running slower and haven't even entered the pool in almost 2 weeks.  Okay, hopefully my post later this week will find me feeling a little more in control.  In the meantime, here is a little clean snack that has been helping me through this week,

1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
7 almonds
1/2 banana (or 1 whole small)
1 tsp agave nectar

Crush up the almonds in a baggy using a rolling pin, slice the banana, mix all the stuff together.  Eat it guilt free!  Your body will will enjoy the low glycemic sweetness of the nectar and protein of the cottage cheese.  The banana will replace electrolytes and the almonds will make your skin pretty ;)

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, since I started racing, I have a horrible sweet tooth, and I have no clue why either. I just keep my fridge stocked with fruits to satisfy my cravings

    LOL, I didnt know almonds made my skin "pretty"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vitamin E. It's linked to skin health. Almonds have loads of it! And good fiber and protein. And yummy!

    ReplyDelete