Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

Up Hill Both Ways

I'm currently trying to train for a 1/2 marathon in October along side of my triathlon training.  I'm going to see how that goes b/c I'm a mom and I'd like to actually spend time with my little girl and husband at least once in awhile. 

I'm going to shoot for spin class 2x week; outdoor cycling 1xweek; running 3-4x week; swimming 2x week.  Obviously that's more days than there are in a week, but I'll be doing brick workouts.  This is a HUGE goal, but it's all I've got right now.  I'll probably scale a lot of that back after I track down some plans on beginnertriathlete.com  .  Stay tuned for updates to my training sched. 

This week was odd b/c I was completely exhausted from the race and then throw in going to the midnight showing of Eclipse on Tuesday night only to get up and teach a spin class on Wednesday morning...ugh, thoroghly drained! 

Sunday: much needed rest after the race! 
Monday: taught spin class (40 min), weight training
Tuesday: off day (yelled at by "coach Tom" for overdoing it, LOL)
Wednesday: taught spin (40 min), toning class
Thursday: 7 mile run (4 mile slow jog pace, 1 mile race pace, 2 mile fartlek run/sprints)
Friday: taught spin (40 min)
Saturday: will be an off day so I can run to birthday parties and then lounge by the lake and celebrate the 4th! 

Next week I'll crack down again.  I'll do some more research this weekend on training plans and how to mesh the 2 programs together without wanting to die in the process! 

No comments:

Post a Comment