Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Last day on the lake

Yesterday was raining, no pouring, so since it was the last day on the lake we didn't get to do another swim, and since I'm not a professional that's being paid to do this sport,  I also didn't run and I certainly didn't bike (I'm scared of brakes and rain mixed).  So I exercised my ability to relax!   I brought my book to covering at the dock and sat and read.  The little one and I also fed some very aggressive ducks.  It was nice to relax.

Today I didn't have any motivation again.  I don't know if it was being back in town, not enough sleep or what it was, but I still pushed myself to the gym (because I have to use the nursery there for Samantha).  I would have liked to have gone for a nice long, slow run, but I've done enough of those this week, so I worked a little cross training with weights and then did some sprints with my friend Andrea.  It wasn't a long work, but I've read so much lately about sprinting doing wonders for running so I thought that was a good use of my time.  I'm hoping for a cycling buddy for tomorrow evening, but if not I'll probably run b/c the pool is closed at my YMCA for TWO WEEKS! Mind you, we are 2.5 out from the triathlon I'm doing

No comments:

Post a Comment