Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Running on "E"

Boy, did I have a nasty workout yesterday.  I'm getting tired I think.  I've definitely reached critical mass on my burn-out-o-meter!  I don't know what I was setting out for yesterday, but I starting hurting when I only 2 miles in, so I went a whopping 3.25 miles and it took me about 30 minutes!!!  I just had to listen when my back cramped and my knee was yelling and throwing a fit. 

Today I did some strength training.  I did legs (yeah, yeah, not smart) and then did some sprints (only about a 1/4 mile total) and then 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer.  I feel like I wasted an hour at the gym.  It's amazing how far I've come, this pitiful workout would have been considered a really good one 2 years ago! 

I'm very frustrated though.  I've been putting on a bit of body fat lately; not weight, but fat. I want more muscle, but I feel like I'm fighting against something and I can't figure it out.  I've not changed my diet and I'm still working out, but maybe not as long.  I really need to get that figured out.  I practice "Clean Eating", but that's a lifestyle, so you have to program for yourself.  I definitely recommend it, but it's a bit harder to get use to.  It is very much NOT American-diet friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment