Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Finally!

I am FINALLY posting...it's been over a WEEK!  I had that low you get after coming off a great race.  I have been super dooper busy at my store too! I did get a little bit of training in this week. Monday I taught a spin class and did weights.  I've been slacky about those weights and I've been LOVIN' my husbands birthday cake...does NOT mix.  Tuesday I ran at home.  That was an interesting one...I set out to do 5 miles, a mile in, I decided I hated the shorts I was wearing, my ipod was too heavy, my cell phone was still in my hand and getting irritating, and so went back by my house and dropped everything but the Garmin and set back out.  At mile 3 my left knee started hurting so I stopped 4 miles in.  Wednesday was an off/ run errands day.  Thursday was suppose to be a run day with April, but she ended up busy so I swam a mile! Slowly but surely!  Friday I just had time to teach spin before I had to get back home and clean for the in-laws coming in town.


Yesterday my husband and I set out for an 11 miler.  3 miles in I was almost crying in pain from my left knee.  We were still 2 miles away from the car and walking didn't seem to hurt, so we walked, talked, and had a fun "date". I'm so unbelievably frustrated with my knee though.  I have a 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks and I've only ever hit 10 miles.  This is getting hairy.

I've ordered 6 pairs of shoes to try (we have NO running stores in this area...I've mentioned it's the 2nd fattest state in the nation, right?!)  and see if that's it.  Pain in the past has always been corrected by my shoes...please pray!!!1

Today I wanted to test my theory of slowing down and walking the downhills.  I ran/jogged/walked 3 miles in my hilly neighborhood at no faster than 10 min miles.  My knee had that, "careful, I could get irritated" twinge to it, but I got through the exercise. 

Oh boy.  Let's see what this week has in store!  I hope I am better soon. R.I.C.E!!

No comments:

Post a Comment