Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Chelsea

I did some just plain old swimming yesterday.  It felt good.  No timing, no counting, just 35 or 45 minutes of laps.   I felt pretty slow, so on some I stepped it up, but I just enjoyed myself.

Today I taught spin and then worked tri's, shoulders, and abs.  It was a pretty easy workout, but I do wonder if that's now because I'm in much better shape.  I certainly hope that's the case!

Tomorrow Mike and I are racing in a 10K running race.  It's my furthest running race and I'm NOT excited.  It's good for me though; switch it up.

Well in other news, my sister (see pic - she's the short one, muah ha ha ha!!!!) has decided she's put on too much weight and is now wanting me to help her get it off.  I  have given her the first rules:  1. It's 80% diet.  Watch what you eat, eat clean, eat often.  2.  MUSCLE.  Put it on.  It burns more calories that fat, protects your musculoskeletal system, and you CAN'T get too muscle-y unless you commit to it and work extremely hard for JUST that.  3.  Make it a lifestyle. If you're just "visiting" the healthy-zone, you're not committed and you'll fail.  Make it the way you live. Let the prepackaged snack foods and couch potato behavior become foreign to you.

So now she's got me sending her a diet plan.  For the record, I HATE the word "diet".  I'm basically telling her to load up on the protein and add some complex carbs for breakfast.  Light snack of a lean protein and fruit mid morning; Big salad/veggie serving with some good proteins and fatty acids for lunch; some carbs to power through mid afternoon (good complex carbs) along with a bit of lean protein again; small balanced dinner.  She can treat herself to something light for dessert, but it's a good idea to remove sugar from the diet!

Hopefully she'll stick to all of this, start subscribing to good, clean magazines like Clean Eating, Eating Light, and Oxygen (hmmm Christmas ideas) and make this the way she rolls!!! 

Okay, and a side note...the picture of us was from Christmas.  I couldn't find a recent picture of her.  This is what she wants to get back to!

No comments:

Post a Comment