Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Trouble Zones

I have started off this new year a little under the weather.  I was on the treadmill on Monday and Tuesday and couldn't get faster than 6mph b/c I felt so incredibly weak. I did about 2.5-3 miles each day and then walked to make a full 45 minutes.  I felt so dizzy and weak on Tuesday that I stopped for a gel 1.5 miles in....I had eaten breakfast, etc, it just turned out that I think I had (have) a bug.  It zapped my energy, and I spent all day in bed on Wednesday.  Thursday I was able to get out and run errands, but then I woke up today and felt like I had a LITTLE more energy so I decided to try my new Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" DVD since our bike trainer is currently the site of Mike and I's Extreme Bike Makeovers.   I also woke up to another treat this morning...2-3 inches of snow and a cancelled school day!  So the munchkin and I started the DVD together (I highly recommend exercising with a 5 year...interesting).  She lasted about 20 minutes (I was impressed) and then bailed to go check in on Sesame Street. 

This DVD was interesting and a little fun.  Jillian is so hardcore and I just love that, so she's fun, she's real too.  It's not a cardio DVD, but it's a nice toning DVD.  It makes you work on almost all your "trouble zones", ie., abs, shoulders, love handles, etc. I'm in pretty decent shape as it is, so it wasn't too challenging, except for the shoulders.  I used 8lb weights for all except the shoulder section....turns out I'm pretty weak there. 

I think doing this was good.  I always try to throw in a strength workout, but I think I need to "train smarter, not harder" so this year I'm going to try to limit my strength training to about once a week and abs a bit more often (weak back). 

BTW....I'm registered for the White Lake Sprint Triathlon in May which is the day after Mike's 1/2 ironman out there. We decided since we were already there what's one more day :)

I'm trying to get my nerve up to register for the Big Lick International Distance race in Smith Mountain Lake in September....I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.  Stay tuned and we'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment