Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mojo?

Where oh where is my mojo?  I'm trying, really trying to get into it.  I NEED to find myself, but lately I'm struggling to do anything! 
Sunday I got on my new (suped-up) and improved bike and while I was only on my trainer I was LOVING it!  I am hoping I can fly!!!!  I'll be doing a blog on this soon.

Monday I was on my way to (grudgingly) swim laps until a fellow spin instructor (who also teaches water aerobics) waved me over to join her class b/c she was running low on participants.  Well being an instructor myself I understand not wanting to teach only 3 of 4 people so I jumped in.  While water aerobics isn't my fav, it's a great workout if you work at it!  I did that and left at the cool down b/c I didn't want to get too cooled down before I did my laps....well.....my "laps" ended up being only a 200 race pace (for warm up-ish thing) and then four 50meter "sprints" before my blood sugar flushed!  I was so dizzy I stumbled out of the pool.  I went to the showers and tried hard to get through that quick b/c I didn't have a gel or anything with me!  That was when I realized two things.....one, always, ALWAYS remember protein at breakfast and two, always, ALWAYS remember a gel!!!!  UGH!!!!

Today I went to spin.  The hour almost killed me.  I'm strong, but not STRONG like triathlete!  I did an hour and then (learning from my mistakes), popped a gel and went to do negative splits on the treadmill for only a mile. 

You see, I'm coming off of illness and exhaustion and while I can get through a workout, I'm not feeling like I'm gaining.  I feel like I'm learning all over again!  I'm PRAYING this clears up!   I'm desperate to be where I was!  

Well tomorrow we'll be under several feet of snow in WV...AGAIN!  So I'm going to do that Jillian Michaels DVD I did on Friday.  I actually like it!  I like to do some strength training and I like her, she's just cool and committed and really wants everyone to be healthy, so I'm looking forward to that.  And weather permitting I'm swimming on Thursday.  I need some good swim workouts (for someone NOT training for an iron distance) so feel free to throw some at me :)

2 comments:

  1. I lost my mojo as well, not there, cant find it, worried where it went

    What toy did you end up getting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, for Mike, well, I just ended up getting him a pair of Oakley's that the lenses can change in, we then BOTH went out and bought a giant television (Highly unnecessary, but oh-so-awesome) and he got some new shifters and handlebars/aerobars for his bike. Uneventful, but my new bike stuff is FUN!

    ReplyDelete