Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tourist Season

That's right!  It offically tourism season....the season in which all the bikes in spin class will be cluttered by people who have no intention of remaining there more than 2-3 weeks, the season where the step classes will be so jam packed that the a/c will cease to be effective, the season of treadmills clogged by those walking 2.5 mph and yapping to their friend about how "bad" they were last night when they ate that second slice of carrot cake...This is the time of year I dread most.  My gym is packed and therefore my patience is minimal.  By February these tourist have usually forgotten about their "goals" and all gone back home to resume their normal routine and that's when my serious training can begin!  I'm not saying that I don't appreciate them giving their money to our hard working personal trainers or signing up for a gym membership they won't use, therefore supporting the efforts to continually maintain and increase the quality of the equipment.  I'm just saying, I think I'll do my working out at home in January, this will alleviate some of the headache I get by going to the gym and not being able to do a normal routine b/c everything is FULL! 

I actually make resolutions sometimes too, but this year there are only two....do an Olympic Distance Tri and Podium SOMETHING! 

Rock on!  Here's looking ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment