Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What to do!

Oh geez! I have not posted in so long.  That would be mainly because I've been out of the gym!  I've been at home playing Santa's elf for 4 days!  Okay, part of the reason I've been home is because it's been dumping snow on us.   It's pretty hard to be motivated to get out in this blizzard-like weather.  I've been asking my husband for a treadmill for 3 years.  He doesn't want one in the house, LOL!  Oh well, guess we'll be moving the trainer for the bikes inside. 
I'm going to attempt to get to the gym today. It's (with wind-chill) -10 below.  I'm a bit sick of being inside and sledding in the frigid temps is out.

In the winter months I'm not working out nearly as hard or as long or as often. I would LOVE some tips on what we triathletes should be doing on our "off season".  I'm just not sure.  Should we stay in shape like normal, keep training hardcore?  What?  I know it's the season to work on our weakest sport (ie. swimming), but how much should we be doing?  I don't want to burn myself out, but I don't want to get lazy either.  Where's the balance?  Is there a secret off-season training guide I've missed? 

Well, off to battle the day!

2 comments:

  1. I havent forgot about what I said I was going to email you, I not on my home computer barely ever and that is where I have it

    Working your weakest leg

    an example, since its not really tri training is
    4-5 days swimming, alternating hard set with next pool session and easy recovery swim
    2 bike
    2 runs
    weights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I'm not fitting hardly anything in right now. I'm barely squeaking by, but I guess that happens during the holidays.
    No prob on the plan, obviously I'm no where NEAR ready for it.
    What are your thoughts on the spinerval dvd's?

    ReplyDelete