Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Tri TV

It's been over a week since I posted and seriously, not much has changed.  There was this little race in Kona over the weekend, may have heard of it.   I was so excited to watch it and then ended up in Nashville, TN venue shopping for my sisters wedding instead.  That's okay.  It's going to come on TV in TWO MONTHS??!!!!  What is that about???  Haven't we triathletes earned televised coverage yet?  Seriously!  It's like waaaaaayyyyy harder than football, basketball, baseball, and soccer COMBINED!  These people are super human and yet we're watching guys with muffin tops hit each other for 2-4 seconds at a time...ugh! Okay, I do like football, but I'm having a sour moment about it taking up tri-time. 

Well I'm still sorta sick.  I'm very weak right now, my knee is shot and I'm just choosing not to worry about it.  I'll get back in the game. I've got goals....Olympic distance goals....!!!!  I've also decided that should I get through another season or two I might entertain the idea of a 1/2 iron.  Hmmm.... guess we'll see about that. :)

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you, it should be on TV, at least on cable. Even the average joe knows about this race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sayin'!! I mean we're talking REAL athletes here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Or pay per view!! I'd TOTALLY pay for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I turned 35 and the 35-39 is just as freaking fast as the 30-34 AG, might be faster, when do they slow down?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is the in the freak-show 30-34 and he came in 13th overall and only 5th in is darn age group! Seriously, I think all you guys are doing something and not sharing with us girls!!! I'm waiting for the secret!

    Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete