Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Swim lesson

Today I got in the pool and attempted a swim lesson for a friend of mine from church.  I fear I was more hindering than helpful.  I have bad habits (my "coach" tells me he wants to cut off my left arm because I can't enter the water correctly on that side) and I am really slow, but I am also far from denying a friend assistance.  I figure perhaps in my whirlwind of information there might be a piece of wisdom in there. 

I got into the water and it was like a dream!  I was surrounded by fellow triathletes (which ALWAYS get the motivation flowing) and the swim team had forgotten to take down their lane lines, so we had 4 lanes!!!  It was awesome!  I didn't do much of my own working out but I had fun doing some drills! 

So basically I just told her to how to use the pull buoys, the swim paddles and how to roll to breathe. It was HOPEFULLY productive, but at least we had fun :) 

1 comment:

  1. It was VERY productive for me, THANK YOU so much!!! I did my homework this week, I got all flubbed up and looked pretty stupid, but I did it! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete