Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Under the weather?

I have been feeling under the weather for the past two days.  What the heck does that mean anyway? Under the weather?  Hmmm....well I feel like crap (I can tell you what that means!).

I've been really working on listening to my body too, so I've not done an actual workout since Monday when I did a crossfit with my friend Andrea (the one I run with).  She's an animal!  She's a body builder and personal trainer, I'm so fortunate to have her as a friend b/c I can learn a ton from her! 

There is a whole lot of talk on the tri-circuit about "cross fit" so I thought I'd share my story.  I learned about it and have been doing it inconsistently since last year.  It's a combination of cardio and muscle building, but you don't stop b/t exercises (usually).  Here is a snap shot of what we did:
1 minute each: walking lunges, pushups, mountain climbers, tricep dips, squats with weights pushing up over head when standing, etc.  It was intense and 2 days later my legs are STILL sore.  I believe adding something like this does hold a lot of benefit. It's good for training intervals as well as gaining muscle and muscle endurance. It's also something you can do in a class or with a friend, which is nice from time to time. 

For the rest of the week I intend to swim/bike tomorrow and run on Friday, we're then doing a walk on Saturday to benefit the Children's Hospital in Charlottesville, VA on Saturday.  Good cause, but always hot!!  

Hope you all are having a good week and I tried a new recipe that if I like it I'll post it!!!  Blackbean burgers...yum!

1 comment:

  1. I give mad props to those who can do crossfit and tris, crossfit is freaking tough

    I hope you feel better soon

    Enjoy the walk

    ReplyDelete