Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Laying that first brick

Yup, Monday I did a brick training session. It was my first of the season and OH MY!  I ran on Saturday for only 3.2 miles, however, I could have done a lot more and I added hills!  I had a great week last week, there in lies my reason for thinking I was ready to brick.  Well..........I basically did 18 miles on the bike and then could barely do a 9.5 min/mi for the 3 miles I ran on the treadmill b/c I'm pretty sure someone injected lead into my legs somewhere along my bike ride!  I forgot how hard those are and I'm going to be working MUCH harder at getting back to my old self and not feel like I'm dying when I go from the bike to the run. That was insanely hard...too hard!   I almost like identifying weakness as much as I enjoy finding new strength.  It's another goal! Isn't that why we "tri"?

No comments:

Post a Comment